The short answer: yes! There are drug rehabs that accept insurance in FL but…it’s not an automatic given that the alcohol and drug rehab will accept insurance in FL, and if it does, there’s no guarantee that it will accept a particular insurance plan. Also, not all insurance policies are the same and insurance coverage varies based on individual policies. That’s why it’s so important to check with your insurance provider to see what your plan covers and if the alcohol and drug rehab accepts your insurance plan in FL. We’ll explain what you need to know about insurance covering alcohol and drug rehab and what we accept – as well as options for those who don’t have insurance.
Table of Contents
Know What Your Alcohol & Drug Rehab Addiction Recovery Treatment Insurance Does (And Doesn’t) Accept
Before you start researching alcohol and drug rehab treatment in Florida, the first thing you should do is review your insurance plan. Here are some things to look for when determining if your insurance will cover alcohol and drug rehab recovery treatment.
• Does the plan cover behavioral health services? “Behavioral health” refers to the scientific study of the emotions, behaviors, and biology relating to a person’s mental well-being, their ability to function in everyday life, and their concept of self. The term encompasses all contributions to mental wellness including substances and their abuse, behavior, habits, addiction and other external forces.
• What type of insurance plan is it? Two popular types of alcohol and drug rehab recovery insurance plans are the Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) and a Preferred Provider Organization (PPO). An HMO gives you access to certain doctors and hospitals within its network of providers that have agreed to lower their rates for plan members whereas PPO plans provide more flexibility when picking a doctor or hospital but typically at a higher price tag. Although PPO plans also feature a network of providers, there are fewer restrictions on seeing non-network providers. Having an HMO while seeking out-of-network alcohol and drug rehab treatment can be challenging since you may be forced to pay out of pocket.
• If the plan is an HMO, are there exceptions to going out-of-network? Sometimes, an HMO plan will cover out-of-network PPO providers (we know, kind of confusing). Insurance providers can create partnerships with alcohol and drug rehabs to accept all of their in-network and out-of-network plans which is something we’ve done before with Emblem Health and Beacon Health Options. Contact your insurance company for in-network providers and out-of-network options.
By reviewing your insurance plan before researching alcohol and drug rehab recovery treatment centers in FL, you’ll be in a better position to select an alcohol and drug rehab that is covered by your insurance.
Types of Alcohol & Drug Rehab Addiction Recovery Treatment Insurance Covered by Rally Point Rehab Accepts
We work with many insurances, both as an in-network and out-of-network provider, to help you get the care you need.
Although an out-of-network provider isn’t contracted with the insurance company, it can still provide services as long as the plan has out-of-network benefits. We work with most private insurance companies with out-of-network benefits including Ambetter, Anthem, Blue Cross and Blue Shield, Cigna, ComPsych, Empire Blue Cross, Harvard Pilgrim, Humana, MHNet Behavioral Health, Magellan Behavioral Health, Medical Mutual, Optum, Oxford, POMCO, Tufts, UMR, UPMC, United Health Care, and many others.
If you’re unsure about your insurance covering the costs of our alcohol and drug rehab treatment programs, we can guide you through the process of verifying your substance abuse benefits to let you know exactly what services are covered.
What To Do If You Have No Rehab Insurance
Not having insurance shouldn’t discourage you from seeking alcohol and drug addiction recovery treatment in FL. If you don’t have insurance to cover alcohol and drug rehab, there are a couple of options available to you.
• Healthcare financing: Similar to financing a loan for a car or home except it’s with healthcare services like addiction treatment, surgery, orthodontics, etc.
• Out of pocket: Paying the costs yourself and/or with the help of someone else.
If you’re interested in healthcare financing or self-payment, please contact us to discuss your options.
The Next Step To Choose Drug Rehab Treatment
After reviewing your insurance coverage or determining if you will use healthcare financing or pay out of pocket, the next step in your recovery journey is finding a reputable addiction treatment provider. Florida is a premier location for alcohol and drug rehab treatment but not all of them meet standards for quality. Check out our tips for choosing the right drug and alcohol rehab treatment center in Florida so you know what to look for and what to avoid.
Rally Point Palm Beach Rehab
1130 Elizabeth Avenue
West Palm Beach, Florida 33401