No matter where you live, in Florida or in a completely different state, there are some great reasons to choose a drug rehab in West Palm Beach Florida to begin your addiction recovery. West Palm Beach is a prime location for many reasons, not just the beautiful scenery and warm weather. There are many drug addiction treatment centers in the region to choose from but how do you know which addiction recovery treatment center best for you?
Here are our tips for choosing a drug rehab program that’s right for you.
Table of Contents
- 1 A Healthcare-Focused Drug Rehab in West Palm Beach, FL
- 2 Don’t Be Afraid to Ask Questions
- 3 Here is a list of some of the questions you should ask the alcohol and drug rehab treatment center on your shortlist:
- 4 Look for Transparency and High Ethical Standards
- 5 Bonus Tip: Consider a Gender-Specific Program
- 6 Some of the other benefits of gender-specific drug rehabs addiction treatment in West Palm Beach, FL include:
- 7 We’re Here to Help
A Healthcare-Focused Drug Rehab in West Palm Beach, FL
Finding a drug rehab treatment center that is focused on healthcare may seem like a no brainer, but there are many rehabs that place their focus primarily on the luxury amenities and spa-like services rather than their alcohol and drug addiction treatment programs and therapies. While those services are appealing and have benefits, alcohol, and drug addiction recovery treatment is healthcare and it should be approached as such. If the drug rehab treatment center in Florida doesn’t have the healthcare services that you need, then there isn’t much difference between it and a spa resort.
Don’t Be Afraid to Ask Questions
It’s important to have all the information you need to make a sound decision about your alcohol and drug addiction recovery treatment in FL. That means that you shouldn’t be shy about asking questions. If it’s possible to take an in-person tour, then you should definitely do so, and it allows you an opportune time to ask all the questions that are running through your mind. If a tour isn’t possible, be sure to ask questions on the phone or as you have your initial consultation.
Here is a list of some of the questions you should ask the alcohol and drug rehab treatment center on your shortlist:
- Is the facility State licensed? For which levels of care?
- Is the facility accredited? By which agencies and for which services?
- Is the facility a member of the National Association of Addiction Treatment Providers (NAATP)?
- How long has the facility been in operation?
- What are the facility’s placement criteria?
- Is there a medical director on staff? Is he or she certified by the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM)?
- What qualifications does the facility requirements for clinicians? Are therapy sessions provided by Masters-level professionals? Do the clinicians have specialized training in addiction treatment in Florida?
- Which evidence-based drug addiction treatment practices are used?
- Is the facility qualified to treat other mental health conditions?
- Does the facility provide counseling for families of clients? Is there a family program?
- What kind of aftercare is available for clients after they complete their treatment programs?
- Does the facility in my insurance network? Will there be out-of-pocket costs?
- Is there staff on-site around the clock?
Now, the above list isn’t exhaustive, but it should get you started. You may have other questions that are specific to you. The thing to keep in mind is that it’s always okay to ask.
Look for Transparency and High Ethical Standards
It’s unfortunate, but there are some alcohol and drug rehab facilities that are not as ethical as they should be – even here in Palm Beach, Florida. It’s important that you are able to determine that the alcohol and drug rehab you choose is ethical and reputable. The alcohol and drug rehab treatment center you choose should be transparent and willing to truthfully answer all of your questions. Be wary of drug addiction treatment centers in Florida that have vague, generic websites that don’t provide you with all the information you need. Just because an alcohol and drug rehab treatment center are on a list of recommendations, it doesn’t mean that they are a quality facility.
Watch for red flags like a “guaranteed success” claims, free travel, no out-of-pocket costs, help to obtain insurance, or other incentives. Special offers like that can be a sign of potential insurance fraud and may be considered an illegal inducement.
Bonus Tip: Consider a Gender-Specific Program
One thing that many people don’t think about when deciding on rehab is whether the treatment programs are gender-specific. There are some distinct differences between men and women when it comes to addiction and addiction treatment. There are often different issues that men and women experience. For example, men frequently need to deal with things like anger, relationship issues, and emotional distance. Women often need to address things like eating disorders, sexual abuse, and mother-daughter relationships.
Not only do men and women often have different underlying issues, but they tend to enter treatment at different times. Typically, men wait longer to seek help than women, and that may have an impact on the type of treatment they need. That’s why we are a men-only treatment center. Gender-specific drug addiction treatment is often more likely to help clients achieve long-lasting sobriety than mixed-gender treatment.
Some of the other benefits of gender-specific drug rehabs addiction treatment in West Palm Beach, FL include:
- There is far less distraction, which allows the focus to be placed solely on recovery.
- There is often more openness and communication between members of the same sex.
- Gender-specific alcohol and drug addiction treatment programs allow treatment to focus on the unique issues and experiences that affect their gender.
- Bonding is often deeper with same-sex groups in treatment.
One of the most important aspects of early recovery is having a strong support system. Gender-specific alcohol and drug addiction treatment is an effective way to get that support. By being a male-only facility, we’re able to provide our clients with a more personalized treatment rather than a one-size-fits-all approach that can be seen at a large, mixed-gender facility.
We’re Here to Help
Selecting a drug rehab treatment center out of the numerous options isn’t the easiest thing in the world, but it doesn’t have to overwhelm or stress you out either.
Research is key but also trust your gut – don’t be afraid to ask questions or walk away from places that give you a bad feeling.
This is your life and your recovery, which means you have to be discerning with who you trust with it.
If you’re not sure where to start, Rally Point Palm Beach can help. Start by calling our 24/7 confidential helpline to get the answers you need.