No matter where you live, in Florida, or in a completely different state, there are some great reasons to choose a rehab in Palm Beach to begin your addiction recovery. Palm Beach is a prime location for many reasons, not just the beautiful scenery and warm weather. There are many rehabs in the city to choose from. But how do you know which one is best for you?
Here are our tips for choosing a drug rehab in Palm Beach that’s right for you.
Table of Contents
Look For A Healthcare-Focused Drug Rehab in Palm Beach
Finding a drug rehab center that is focused on healthcare may seem like a no brainer, but there are many rehabs that place their focus primarily on the luxury amenities and spa-like services rather than their treatment programs and therapies. While those services are appealing and have benefits, drug addiction treatment is healthcare and it should be approached as such. If the rehab center doesn’t have the healthcare services that you need, then there isn’t much difference between it and a spa resort.
Don’t Be Afraid To Ask Questions
It’s important to have all the information you need to make a sound decision about your drug addiction treatment. That means that you shouldn’t be shy about asking questions. If it’s possible to take an in-person tour, then you should definitely do so, and it allows you an opportune time to ask all the questions that are running through your mind. If a tour isn’t possible, be sure to ask questions on the phone or as you have your initial consultation.
Here is a list of some of the questions you should ask the Palm Beach rehabilitation centers on your shortlist:
- Is the facility State licensed? For which levels of care?
- Is the facility accredited? By which agencies and for which services?
- Is the facility a member of the National Association of Addiction Treatment Providers (NAATP)?
- How long has the facility been in operation?
- What are the facility’s placement criteria?
- Is there a medical director on staff? Is he or she certified by the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM)?
- What qualifications does the facility require for clinicians? Are therapy sessions provided by Masters-level professionals? Do the clinicians have specialized training in addiction treatment?
- Which evidence-based addiction treatment practices are used?
- Is the facility qualified to treat other mental health conditions?
- Does the facility provide counseling for families of clients? Is there a family program?
- What kind of aftercare is available for clients after they complete their treatment programs?
- Does the facility in my insurance network? Will there be out-of-pocket costs?
- Is there staff on-site around the clock?
Now, the above list isn’t exhaustive, but it should get you started. You may have other questions that are specific to you. The thing to keep in mind is that it’s always okay to ask.
Look For Transparency And High Ethical Standards
It’s unfortunate, but there are some rehab facilities that are not as ethical as they should be – even here in Palm Beach. It’s important that you are able to determine that the rehab you choose is ethical and reputable. The rehab center you choose should be transparent and willing to truthfully answer all of your questions. Be weary of addiction treatment centers that have vague, generic websites that don’t provide you with all the information you need. Just because a treatment center is on a list of recommendations, it doesn’t mean that they are a quality facility.
Watch for red flags like a “guaranteed success” claims, free travel, no out-of-pocket costs, help to obtain insurance, or other incentives. Special offers like that can be a sign of potential insurance fraud and may be considered an illegal inducement.
Bonus Tip: Consider A Gender-Specific Program
One thing that many people don’t think about when deciding on a rehab is whether the treatment programs are gender-specific. There are some distinct differences between men and women when it comes to addiction and addiction treatment. There are often different issues that men and women experience. For example, men frequently need to deal with things like anger, relationship issues, and emotional distance. Women often need to address things like eating disorders, sexual abuse, and mother daughter relationships.
Not only do men and women often have different underlying issues, but they tend to enter treatment at different times. Typically, men wait longer to seek help than women, and that may have an impact on the type of treatment they need. That’s why we are a men-only treatment center. Gender-specific treatment is often more likely to help clients achieve long-lasting sobriety than mixed-gender treatment.
Some of the other benefits of gender-specific treatment include:
- There is far less distraction, which allows the focus to be placed solely on recovery.
- There is often more openness and communication between members of the same sex.
- Gender-specific addiction treatment programs allow treatment to focus on the unique issues and experiences that affect their gender.
- Bonding is often deeper with same-sex groups in treatment.
One of the most important aspects of early recovery is having a strong support system. Gender-specific treatment is an effective way to get that support. By being a male-only facility, we’re able to provide our clients with a more personalized treatment rather than a one-size-fits-all approach that can be seen at a large, mixed-gender facility.
We’re Here For You (Even If You Go Somewhere Else)
Selecting a drug rehab out of the numerous options isn’t the easiest thing in the world, but it doesn’t have to overwhelm or stress you out either.
Research is key but also trust your gut – don’t be afraid to ask questions or walk away from places that give you a bad feeling.
This is your life and your recovery, which means you have to be discerning with who you trust with it.
If you’re not sure where to start, Rally Point West Palm Beach Rehab and 24/7 confidential helpline are great places to help you kick off your search.