Substance Abuse Programs
Our substance abuse programs combine four main elements of addiction treatment: individual sessions, group therapy, integration into the 12-step community and medication-assisted treatment (when appropriate). Rally Point has an advantage, due to our location and small size, to be able to offer extremely individualized care that can be tailored specifically to each particular client.
- Individual Sessions: Also referred to as one-on-one’s, individual sessions take place on a weekly basis between the client and his primary therapist. These sessions help the client develop coping strategies and tools to abstain from drug use and maintain abstinence. Individual sessions are regularly scheduled with the frequency being determined by where the client currently is at in his recovery journey. Clients also have access to their therapist at any point if they are struggling more than usual and in need of extra support.
- Group Therapy: There is a common misconception that group therapy is not as important or effective as the individual sessions that a client participates in. However this is not always the case. Oftentimes group therapy can be even more effective due to clients being challenged and supported by their peers who are experiencing similar issues. Group therapy at Rally Point consists of process groups, holistic groups (music/art therapy) and even animal-assisted therapy with Bruno.
- Integration Into The 12-Step Community: One of the advantages of being located in South Florida is having access to a robust recovery community. The so called “recovery capital of the world” provides our clients with many resources that would be unavailable elsewhere. Clients are immersed into the 12-step community by attending daily meetings outside of Rally Point, including a weekly legacy meeting with Rally Point alumni. Clients are also encouraged to get a sponsor while in treatment and are allowed to contact their sponsors daily.
- Medication-Assisted Treatment: While medication-assisted treatment as a whole is a controversial topic with many substance abuse programs, Rally Point is a proponent of one treatment in particular: Vivitrol. In combination with counseling and behavioral therapies Vivitrol can effectively be used to treat alcohol and drug addictions and to prevent opioid overdoses. It is non-addictive and is classified as an “antagonist” or “block” medication since it blocks receptors in the brain from the effects of opioids. Therefore it does not fall into the category of replacing one drug with another.
Addiction Recovery for Life, means promoting healthy lifestyle choices that will help clients maintain lifelong sobriety. It is important to remember that drug and alcohol addiction is a brain disease for which there is no cure. In this regard it is similar to other chronic illnesses such as diabetes, cancer and cardiovascular disease. Addiction can however be effectively treated, and if clients are willing to put in the work, the symptoms of addiction can be put in remission for good. Our substance abuse programs at Rally Point are built specifically to provide clients with the tools needed to successfully treat their disease on a daily basis.
What to Expect in our Substance Abuse Programs
Entering a drug and alcohol rehabilitation program can be an intimidating experience. The staff at Rally Point in West Palm Beach understands this and we are here to help in any way possible. Prior to your arrival, we will go over all of the necessary details with you and work directly with your insurance company to ensure that you are getting the proper coverage. When you arrive you will meet with your therapist to formulate a treatment plan and determine what kind of therapy and addiction treatment services will be best for your long term recovery. We encourage close family participation throughout the entire process to provide additional support and comfort.
We promote a community atmosphere to avoid clients growing to feel institutionalized and our staff members provide 24 hour assistance allowing clients to obtain professional care at any time. At Rally Point you can expect to be accepted for who you are, to be loved unconditionally and to be held accountable for your choices. Our small size is perfect for building fellowship and peer support. It is impossible to hide or be lost in the shuffle with us. You will receive top-notch individualized treatment by qualified and caring professionals.
A typical day in our drug and alcohol rehabilitation program could include:
- Individual Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Family Counseling
- Substance Abuse Education
- Lectures and Presentations
- Twelve Step Meetings
- Life Skills Training
- Employment or Educational Support
- Nutrition Education and Guidance
- Personal Time
- Recreational Activities
As well as the option to participate in holistic and alternative activities including: