Drug and Alcohol Evaluation in West Palm Beach, Florida
What is Drug and Alcohol Evaluation?
The Purpose of a Substance Abuse Assessment
There are several reasons why substance abuse assessments are used, including the following:
- To determine if the individual has a drug or alcohol addiction
- To assess the magnitude of the person’s substance use or addiction
- To discern are any co-occurring disorders, (medically, psychologically, or psychiatrically)
- To assess how the individual’s drug or alcohol use is affecting his or her life
- To provide an initial understanding of the person so a baseline can be established, and a treatment plan can be created
More About the Drug and Alcohol Evaluation Process
A substance abuse assessment provides addiction professionals with an initial look into an individual’s drug or alcohol problems. The assessment gathers information various aspects of the individual’s life including biological, psychological, and social histories. The information is collected using interviewing and diagnostic screening materials.
Once gathered, the information can be analyzed to help develop a clear picture of the client’s substance abuse issues. It’s important to have this information and analysis to make the best recommendation for treatment options. Determining whether an individual needs outpatient or inpatient addiction treatment relies heavily on the results of the substance abuse assessment.
At Rally Point West Palm Beach Rehab, clients are provided with comprehensive substance abuse assessment services for various reasons including: to meet probation requirements, for license reinstatement, a court appearance, or personal issues. Our licensed and accredited clinicians use various alcohol and drug addiction assessment tools to conduct unbiased, objective, and highly regarded assessments for our clients.
A Legal Court-Ordered Substance Abuse Assessment
- Driving under the influence (DUI) / Driving while intoxicated (DWI)
- Drug or alcohol possession
- Drug trafficking or unlawful distribution
- Manufacturing or distributing controlled substances
- Disorderly conduct
- Public intoxication
- Using a false ID
- DUI Alcohol or Drug Use Risk Reduction Program (RRP)
- Random drug and/or alcohol urinalysis
- 12 step meetings
- Drug or alcohol abuse education classes
- Drug or alcohol abuse counseling sessions
- Drug or alcohol abuse treatment program: either inpatient or outpatient
Remember: A Substance Abuse Assessment Is a Tool to Help You Succeed
It’s important to keep in mind that the substance abuse assessment is simply a tool that is designed to help professionals understand the best way to help you. It may be an eye-opening experience for you. The more honest and accurate you are when completing the evaluation, the better your chances are of not finding yourself in this position again in the future. Your clinician cannot provide you with an effective treatment plan if you aren’t honest about your substance use and its implications.
Schedule A Drug and Alcohol Evaluation Today
If you believe that your substance use is causing negative consequences in your life, or if you have a loved one in this position, don’t wait any longer to get some help. Contact Rally Point, West Palm Beach, we have a team of caring, understanding, and supportive professionals who have been trained to help clients like you. You don’t have to allow the legal consequences of your past mistakes to dictate what happens now. Let Rally Point Palm Beach help you get started on the road to recovery.
If you or someone you know could benefit from a Substance Abuse Assessment contact us today at 888-797-2559.